Stroke Recovery Care
Did you know?
There are more than 100,000 strokes in the UK each year; that is around one stroke every five minutes. Approximately two-thirds of these individuals survive but require rehabilitation, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
What is a stroke?
A stroke, is a serious life-threatening medical condition that occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is cut off caused by blood clots blocking an artery or a broken blood vessel, interrupting blood flow to an area of the brain. The result of a stroke can be severe, and adjusting to everyday life after returning home may be a challenge for a stroke survivor. During this time of transition, you and your loved one will discover how the stroke will affect your daily lives. Adjustments can be physically and emotionally challenging. Being home could be the most soothing and encouraging way for recovery. This is the ideal time to add non-medical ADINA Home Care Services Ltd.
How can ADINA Home Care Services help maintain health and good spirits?
- Through careful monitoring of physical and cognitive symptoms, our caregivers can help ensure progress and identify risk factors for another stroke.
- Physical therapy is essential to full recovery. ADINA Home Care Services Ltd can help your loved one follow through with prescribed exercises.
- Daily activities, such as bathing and grooming may be difficult. Our caregivers can provide assistance to ease the process.
- In order to increase strength, a balanced diet is necessary. Our caregivers can prepare meals for your loved one to ensure that they get the nutrients that they need.
- Caregivers can keep your family in good spirits by helping to maintain a positive attitude during your loved one’s time of recovery.